Environmental Isotope, Geochemistry
502 SRCC, 4107 O'Hara Street
4107 O'Hara Street
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
- PhD in Geography and Environmental Engineering, 2003, Johns Hopkins University
- GEOL 1515 Environmental Geochemistry
- GEOL 2525 Stable Isotope Geochemistry
- GEOL 3853 Watershed Hydrology and Biogeochemistry
- GEOL 3951 Topics in Geochemistry: Catchment Science
- Tracing fluxes of reactive nitrogen through atmospheric-terrestrial-hydrologic systems using isotope geochemistry
- Mapping spatial distributions of reactive nitrogen emissions and deposition to landscapes in relation to energy consumption
- Assessing nitrogen retention, export, and saturation in forested watersheds
- Evaluating how land use and landscape pattern influences connectivity in urban watersheds and subsequent nutrient delivery.
Divers MT, Elliott, EM, Bain, DJ. 2013. Constraining nitrogen inputs to urban streams from leaking sewer infrastructure using inverse modeling: Implications for DIN retention in urban environments.Environmental Science & Technology. Publication Date (Web): December 21, 2012 (Article). DOI: 10.1021/es304331m.
Felix, JD, Elliott, EM, Shaw, SL. 2012. Nitrogen isotopic composition of coal-fired power plant NOx: Influence of emission controls and implications for global emission inventories. Environmental Science & Technology. 46(6): 3528-3535.
Elliott, EM, Kendall, C, Boyer, EW, Burns, DA, Lear, GG, Golden, HE, Harlin, K, Bytnerowicz, A, Butler, TJ, Glatz R. 2009. Dual nitrate isotopes in dry deposition: Utility for partitioning NOx source contributions to landscape nitrogen deposition. Journal of Geophysical Research:. 114, G04020, doi:10.1029/2008JG000889. Biogeosciences
Elliott, EM, Kendall, C, Wankel, SD, Burns, D.A., Boyer, E.W., Harlin, K., Bain, D.J., Butler, T.J. 2007. Nitrogen isotopes as indicators of NOx source contributions to atmospheric nitrate deposition across the Midwestern and Northeastern United States. Environmental Science &. 41: 7661-7667. Technology
Elliott, EM, Brush, GS. 2006. Organic Nitrogen Isotopes Record Long-term Changes in Watershed Nitrogen Sources and Land Use.Environmental Science & Technology. 40(9): 2910-2916.